Child Care Staffing Survey Quantifies the Challenges facing Providers
March 2022 Child Care Crisis Survey Fact SheetsA survey conducted by partners of the Start Strong PA Campaign quantifies Pennsylvania’s current child care crisis, which threatens parents’ ability to work and the overall economy. The survey— conducted between March 8, 2022 and April 3, 2022— details the current child care staffing crisis in 994 Pennsylvania child care programs across 60 counties and its effects on working families' ability to access care.
Additionally, according to the survey:
• Nearly 32,500 children currently sit on waiting lists.
• 91% of respondents reported staffing shortages.
• 92% of respondents reported recruiting challenges.
• Programs need to fill nearly 7,000 open child care positions.
• Over 30,000 more children could be served if sites were fully staffed.
Read more about it and find the March 2022 Child Care Crisis Survey Fact Sheets by county here https://startstrongpa.org/resources-for-policymakers.